In today’s economic times, it pays more than ever to do comparison shopping. The same advice holds true when looking for a landscape lighting company to handle your landscape lighting needs.
The following list are some things you should inquire about when evaluating a Landscape Lighting Company:
- Reputation. How long have they been in business? Do they have references? Are they a member of the local Better Business Bureau?
- Type of Fixtures. Do they use a variety of fixtures based on the application, or is it “one type for all applications”? Do they use well lights for facade lighting? Do they do uplighting? Downlighting? Do they offer low voltage? Line voltage (household current)?
- Quality of Fixtures. Are they painted fixtures? Copper? Aluminum? Plastic?
- Warranty. What kind of warranty is offered on the fixtures? Is the warranty for at least ten years?
- Service Plan. Do they offer an annual maintenance plan? What does it consist of?
- Type of Transformer. Is the transformer a pluggable type? Is it a multi-tap? Is the timer built in or is it a separate unit?
- Lighting Control. How is the lighting controlled? Timer? Photocell? Lighting control from inside the home? Can I integrate my porch lights and existing lights/switches with the system?
- Night Time Demonstration. Do they offer a night time demonstration? Is it complimentary?
- Made in the USA. Are their fixtures made in the USA? Are they handcrafted?
- Dark Sky Compliant. Is their system Dark Sky Compliant?
At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio & the Hill Country, LLC, we’ve done your homework for you! We’ve asked ourselves these very questions, and are proud to say we can answer each and every one of them in a manner that will benefit YOU, the homeowner! Here are our answers to the ten areas mentioned above:
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio & the Hill Country, LLC has been in business in San Antonio for almost two years, and is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau. The Our parent company, Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise Corporation, has been in business for almost fifteen years, and has over 70 locations around the world.
We use a variety of fixtures depending upon the specific application. We use well lights with large PAR-36 bulbs for lighting the façade, large trees, and other objects, smaller bullet type fixtures with MR-16 (projector style) bulbs for smaller shrubs, number signs, or statues.
We use extruded PVC in the construction of our well lights, and all our path and specialty lights are made of solid copper. We never use painted or powder coated fixtures, as they still peel with time.
We offer a one year warranty on our bulbs, assuming a normal operation time of sunset to approximately midnight; a ten year warranty on our fixtures; a lifetime warranty on our transformers; a two year warranty on our Lighting Control Automation.
We offer an annual maintenance plan, where we will come and change all bulbs, rebury exposed wire, trim shrubs, treat with fire ant retardant, and check voltages and transformer operation to completely recondition the system for another year.
Our transformers are all pluggable, multi-tap transformers, which allow us to use a variety of timing systems, especially our state-of-the art Lighting Control Automation. A multi-tap transformer allows us to fine tune the voltages at each fixture to be sure every one is between 11.0-11.5 volts. Because the timer is a separate system, a timer failure does not render the entire transformer unusable, as happens with the cheaper integrated timer/transformer systems you find at the box stores.
While we offer timers and photocells, our state-of-the-art Lighting Control Automation allows the homeowner complete control of the lighting from inside the home, along with allowing the integration of porch lights, security lights, and switches into the system, for an added level of home security.
We always offer the homeowner a Night Time Demonstration, so they can see exactly what their home looks like with our lighting installed.
All of our fixtures are handcrafted right here in the USA.
Our low voltage systems are fully Dark Sky Compliant.
For answers to addtional questions you may have, feel free to read our blog posts, visit our website, or call us at 830-624-1300 for more information.