Have you ever looked at your outdoor lighting system and thought “I really wish I would’ve chosen an LED system instead”? This may be the case with many homeowners who either did not get on the boat with LED when they initially had their existing lighting installed, and those whose existing system was installed at a time when LED outdoor lighting was not as accessible. The good news is all is not lost. Converting your existing outdoor lighting system to LED is a viable option for many homeowners and it also means you can enjoy the many benefits of LED without having to start from square one.
After hearing this good news, you are probably asking where do I start? First, your system will have to be inspected to see if LED conversion is possible. Most traditional outdoor lighting systems such as halogen and incandescent can easily be converted to LED. Your outdoor lighting professional can inspect your existing system and determine if your system is a candidate for conversion. Once your system is deemed fit to undergo the conversion, you can start enjoying the many benefits of LED outdoor lighting.
Benefits of LED outdoor lighting
- LED outdoor lighting systems consume 80-85% less energy than traditional outdoor lighting systems. This energy efficiency can be felt each time you pay your electrical bill.
- LED outdoor lighting systems have longevity which is evident with longer lasting bulbs that need replacement less often. For example a typical halogen bulb will burn for approximately 2,000 to 4,000 hours, whereas an LED will last a whopping 50,000 operating hours!
- LED is a green burning technology because it leaves less of a carbon footprint on the environment. LED’s are responsible for less greenhouse gases by reduced carbon dioxide emissions. LED’s also contain no harmful chemical such as mercury that makes handling and disposal dangerous.
- LED’s are UV free which means no ultraviolet rays which are prone to attract insects. This means using LED in your landscape, deck and patio lighting installation will give you peace of mind in not attracting insects that can invade your outdoor living enjoyment.
- LED’s are more durable and resilient than ordinary lighting systems. They are shock resistant, and also react better to changes in temperature, weather conditions and repeated cycling. LED’s will better withstand the demands needed by a bulb placed in outdoor situations.
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio keeps up with the ever-improving changes in LED outdoor lighting. Over the last few years LED has become more accessible in terms of affordability and availability. It is true LED costs a little more up-front than a typical lighting system but the money you save on energy usage and bulb replacement will enable you to recoup those initial costs quickly.
If you are ready to make a change for the better, an LED conversion may be the perfect fit for your outdoor lighting needs. So what are you waiting for? Contact Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio and The Hill Country to learn more about LED conversion today. Call us at (830) 624 – 1300
See more examples of LED outdoor lighting hard at work by visiting our outdoor lighting galleries, including our garden and landscape lighting gallery and deck and patio lighting gallery, by visiting our website.