Posted in Architectural lighting, Facade lighting, Halogen Bulb Replacement, LED Lighting Conversions, Lighting Maintenance, Maintenance, tagged annual maintenance plan, exterior lighting, exterior lights, Halogen outdoor lighting maintenance, Importance of maintenance on your San Antonio outdoor lighting, landscape lighting, Outdoor Lighting San Antonio, Outdoor Lights San Antonio, outside lighting, San Antonio halogen & LED outdoor lighting maintenance, San Antonio Halogen outdoor lighting maintenance, San Antonio outdoor lighting maintenance, San Antonio outdoor lighting specialists, San Antonio residential and commercial outdoor lighting maintenance, San Antonio TX outdoor lighting check up, San Antonio TX outdoor lighting maintenance, The importance of lens covers in San Antonio outdoor lighting on March 24, 2014|
Leave a Comment »
Remember that feeling of love at 1st sight the first evening you enjoyed your outdoor lighting system?
Do you remember how you felt the first time you saw your home, outdoor living spaces and landscape lit up after the professionals at Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio installed your system? The effect was dramatic and chances are it made you fall in love with your home and landscape all over again. Do you look at your outdoor lighting now and think it just doesn’t look as bright and beautiful as it did that first season? That may be true. Although our halogen lights do have an average life of 5,000 hours, they will begin to dim slowly and you may not notice the change over time. Maintaining your halogen outdoor lighting system involves more than just keeping it looking its best. It also keeps your system running safely night after night.
Even though our fixtures are designed to be low-maintenance, small adjustments may be necessary to get your outdoor lighting system back to its best; back to operating at their full potential.
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio offers easy options for your existing halogen outdoor lighting system:
- First and foremost, it is important to make sure that recent storms, birds or children have not covered your outdoor lighting fixtures with mulch, leaves or anything else that can keep the heat produced from the bulbs from escaping. The lighting fixtures need to be kept free from debris that can accumulate. This will ensure safe operation of your system.
We make sure all fixtures are correctly in place each visit as part of our maintenance program.
Going green with LED lighting is a superb option for your system. Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio’s LED lighting technology provides an 80% energy savings just by switching to our LED systems. Our LED bulbs, which can be retrofitted in ours and other systems, have a rated life of 50,000 hours, or an average life of 19 years. The color and illumination are undistinguishable from traditional halogen lights and many homeowners agree they prefer the LED over the halogen from an aesthetic standpoint!
- The best way to keep your system looking and performing at it’s best is to give us a call at Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio to sign up for our thorough Annual Maintenance Plan. With this plan, we will come to your house and replace all light bulbs, repair any damaged wire, straighten fixtures, inspect the transformer, reset or check the timer, trim or adjust for plant overgrowth, and perform simple changes to enhance the effects of your lighting. Throughout the year, you receive priority response and repairs with no service charge. Your lighting system will remain headache-free and operating beautifully.
Converting your existing halogen system to LED may be easier than you think!
Keeping your halogen system looking as beautiful as the day it was installed is simple with Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio & The Hill Country. Contact us to learn more today and fall in love with your outdoor lighting all over again, night after night! Phone: (830) 624-1300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see more images of our breathtaking outdoor lighting designs by visiting our outdoor lighting photo gallery located on our website.
Read Full Post »
Posted in LED Lighting Conversions, LED Outdoor Lighting systems, tagged custom low voltage deck lighting, Low Voltage, San Antonio LED outdoor lighting conversions, San Antonio low voltage outdoor lighting, San Antonio low-voltage garden and landscape lighting, San Antonio Outdoor Lighting, San Antonio Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, San Antonio outdoor lighting technologies, San Antonio Outdoor Lights, San Antonio TX LED outdoor lighting, The benefits of converting your San Antonio outdoor lighting to LED on January 31, 2013|
Leave a Comment »
See how LED outdoor lighting can add magic to your home and landscape for all seasons?
Have you ever looked at your outdoor lighting system and thought “I really wish I would’ve chosen an LED system instead”? This may be the case with many homeowners who either did not get on the boat with LED when they initially had their existing lighting installed, and those whose existing system was installed at a time when LED outdoor lighting was not as accessible. The good news is all is not lost. Converting your existing outdoor lighting system to LED is a viable option for many homeowners and it also means you can enjoy the many benefits of LED without having to start from square one.
LED outdoor lighting is changing the way we see outdoor lighting.
After hearing this good news, you are probably asking where do I start? First, your system will have to be inspected to see if LED conversion is possible. Most traditional outdoor lighting systems such as halogen and incandescent can easily be converted to LED. Your outdoor lighting professional can inspect your existing system and determine if your system is a candidate for conversion. Once your system is deemed fit to undergo the conversion, you can start enjoying the many benefits of LED outdoor lighting.
Benefits of LED outdoor lighting
- LED outdoor lighting systems consume 80-85% less energy than traditional outdoor lighting systems. This energy efficiency can be felt each time you pay your electrical bill.
- LED outdoor lighting systems have longevity which is evident with longer lasting bulbs that need replacement less often. For example a typical halogen bulb will burn for approximately 2,000 to 4,000 hours, whereas an LED will last a whopping 50,000 operating hours!
- LED is a green burning technology because it leaves less of a carbon footprint on the environment. LED’s are responsible for less greenhouse gases by reduced carbon dioxide emissions. LED’s also contain no harmful chemical such as mercury that makes handling and disposal dangerous.
- LED’s are UV free which means no ultraviolet rays which are prone to attract insects. This means using LED in your landscape, deck and patio lighting installation will give you peace of mind in not attracting insects that can invade your outdoor living enjoyment.
- LED’s are more durable and resilient than ordinary lighting systems. They are shock resistant, and also react better to changes in temperature, weather conditions and repeated cycling. LED’s will better withstand the demands needed by a bulb placed in outdoor situations.
LED lights are long-lasting, energy-efficient and among the safest lights on the market.
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio keeps up with the ever-improving changes in LED outdoor lighting. Over the last few years LED has become more accessible in terms of affordability and availability. It is true LED costs a little more up-front than a typical lighting system but the money you save on energy usage and bulb replacement will enable you to recoup those initial costs quickly.
If you are ready to make a change for the better, an LED conversion may be the perfect fit for your outdoor lighting needs. So what are you waiting for? Contact Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio and The Hill Country to learn more about LED conversion today. Call us at (830) 624 – 1300
See more examples of LED outdoor lighting hard at work by visiting our outdoor lighting galleries, including our garden and landscape lighting gallery and deck and patio lighting gallery, by visiting our website.
Read Full Post »