In the big scheme of things, sometimes it is the little things that can really motivate and cause you to reflect about your individual role on the world around you. As I was flipping through the channels last Saturday afternoon to find something to watch on TV I ran across a movie called “Arctic Tale” which takes the viewer on the journey of a polar bear and a walrus that live in the arctic and how the impact of global warming is changing their natural habitat. After the movie was over, it made me think about my role on the environment and just how important sustainable living practices are all living things in our own backyard, down the street or even thousands of miles away .Each and every choice we make in regards to taking care of our needs and wants impacts the world on a global level. As with many facets of our lives, decisions we make in regards to our home and property can support a greener lifestyle and support sustainable living practices. Outdoor lighting is no exception.
The new outdoor living trend shows that many more homeowners are choosing to complement their home and landscape as well as make it safer and more secure through the use of outdoor lighting. With that in mind, stunning outdoor lighting designs can be accomplished using “green” technologies that have less impact on the environment and save homeowners in electrical costs. Sustainability is defined by the capacity to endure. Which encompasses a long-term maintenance of responsibility of environmental, economic, and social aspects of the world around us. In 1993 Rosenbaum, a notable Sustainable Architect, defined sustainability clearly by “Sustainable means using methods, systems and materials that won’t deplete resources or harm natural cycles”.
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio uses LED technology to deliver a “greener” approach through our outdoor lighting designs. If you are thinking of adding outdoor lighting to your home and landscape from scratch, LED is definitely the way to go. Even if you already have outdoor lighting, our LED conversion program is a viable choice by converting your existing lighting to LED. In many cases the conversion is easier than you may think, and will save you a lot of money in the long run by choosing to convert to this greener more, sustainable technology.We are easily able to convert over 90% of our customers existing systems to LED systems. If you are on the fence about choosing LED for your outdoor lighting, here is a list of reasons why LED is the clear choice…
- Bulb Life– LED bulbs last 10 times longer than regular bulbs. Some LED bulbs can last as long as 50,000 hours!
- Cool Burn– LED’s burn cooler than other bulbs. There is no heat-build up in relation to operating an LED bulb. This reduces the risk of overheating, damage and even fire.
- Durability– Since LED’s contain no filament, when other bulbs would break or shatter, LED’s will hold up to more vibration, bumping or other circumstances.They also burn more efficiently in colder surroundings than other bulbs.
- No Harm– LED’s contain no dangerous mercury that can impact the environment.
- Efficiency– LED’s use very little energy to operate which saves you on energy costs, and makes them a sustainable choice in outdoor lighting. Less energy on your end means less impact on the world around us.
- Beautiful– LED’s burn evenly and cohesive illuminating areas with just the right amount of light for security, safety and to promote ambiance. With a CRI ( color rendering index), rating from 80 to the mid 90’s, which means they exude a high-quality illumination on a CRI scale of 1-100 in terms of light quality.
Contact Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of San Antonio to learn more about our LED outdoor lighting designs. Remember, that the choices we make today will impact the world tomorrow. Call us at (830) 624 – 1300 or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org